Qube Wire’s partner, Mega Filem Enterprise, is a vendor for the entertainment industry in Malaysia and Brunei. It provides services from content creation to distribution. Like Qube, the company has strong interests in the growth and development of cinema in the region.
We asked Ms Yap Mun Yue a few questions:
• Malaysia is a fast-growing market for cinema. Can you please give us an insight into its current size and potential for growth?
Malaysia has 169 cinemas operating throughout the country. The largest cinema operators are Golden Screen Cinemas, TGV Cinemas, MBO Cinemas, Lotus Five Star, DADI Cinema and MM Cineplexes. There are plans to open more locations this year.
• How will the partnership between Mega Filem Malaysia and Qube add value to movie distribution in Malaysia and Brunei?
Security, reliability, integrity are always top-of-mind for Mega Filem. Qube Wire is a partner with a vast global network. Qube consistenly delivers innovation and knows the industry.
The partnership helps us in the following areas:
1. The time and logistical complexity of releasing movies to theatres will be tremendously reduced.
2. The need for manual labour and human intervention will be greatly decreased too. Distributors/Producers/Exhibitors will be able to anticipate demand and order the correct volumes.
3. Technology and systems improve flexibility and timeliness. The one-stop centre improves responses to distributors and exhibitors.
4. Creates more opportunities to explore new business models that these technologies facilitate, i.e., live streaming events.
• Are there any plans to extend this partnership to other verticals?
Some mature vertical markets are changing dramatically. These are the gifts that have the potential to keep on giving for a while. Though our businesses have many competitors, they also have great opportunities due to their sheer magnitude. Mega Filem Malaysia will keep these in mind and consider each opportunity on a case-to-case basis.
• How do you leverage the strengths of the partnership to add value to the distribution channel?
This can be accomplished by setting clear goals and collaborating on projects. By setting clear benchmarks and KPIs, we want to ensure that we're driving all our efforts towards getting the results our clients need from this partnership. Through collaborations, we bring our strengths to the table to support and serve our respective clients.
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein